Veteran’s Discharge

Military Discharge papers, or DD-214’s, are recorded in our office. There is no fee to record the discharge papers or to receive a copy of them. Discharge records are NOT public records. A picture ID and in some cases a birth certificate or other documents are required to obtain copies. The following individuals are allowed to obtain copies of the discharge papers:

  • the veteran named in the discharge papers
  • his or her spouse, widow or widower
  • child 18 years of age or older
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • sibling 18 years of age or older
  • a funeral director handling funeral arrangements for the veteran
  • a person with power of attorney for the veteran
  • a guardian, limited guardian, conservator or limited conservator of a disabled or partially disabled veteran named in the discharge papers

Please call our office at (859) 873-3421 if you have any questions about getting a copy of the discharge papers.

Woodford County Clerk

Sandra V. Jones

103 South Main Street, Suite 120
Versailles, KY 40383


Office: (859) 873-3421
Fax: 859-873-6985
Email: [email protected]


Monday-Thursday: 8:00-4:00
Friday: 8:00-5:30

Holiday Closures

Open records policy & request form

Skip to content