To transfer a Kentucky title between Kentucky citizens you will need:
- Proof of Kentucky insurance (issue date within 45 days)
- Photo ID
- Signed-over Kentucky title. (signatures must be notarized)
- If the name listed on your title is different from the name listed on your ID, you must provide an affidavit showing they are the same. A marriage license or divorce decree are good examples.
To transfer a Kentucky title to an out of state purchaser you will need to:
- Notify us of the name and state of the new owner.
- You will also need to return the Kentucky license plate to your Kentucky County Clerk’s office
- If you were a resident of Kentucky and the vehicle owner on January 1st, you might have property taxes due on that vehicle