Salvage Title Process

To obtain a salvage title please bring with you the following items and/or information:

  • The current Certificate of Title. It is required to be signed by all sellers and buyers. All signatures must be notarized. Titles that contain AND or do not have a designation between names of owners, require both signatures of those listed.
  • License plate(s) for all Kentucky vehicles must be surrendered when applying for a salvage title. An affidavit is available for the license plate(s) that have been lost or destroyed. The Affidavit for Non-Exchange County section of the Affidavit of Replacement Form TC 96-167must be completed, stating the reason for loss of plate and signed by the seller (if applicable) or buyer/owner. Signatures must be notarized.
  • Social Security Number for each party appearing on the title or Federal ID Number for companies.
  • All liens must be satisfied before applying for a salvage title.
  • Application for Kentucky Title TC 96-182, ONLY for small Kentucky Title Transfers or Out of State Titles applying for Kentucky Salvage Title.


Vehicles that have a salvage title cannot be operated on Kentucky highways.  The only time a vehicle with a salvage title may be operated upon the highways of Kentucky is when it is in route to or from an inspection by the sheriff’s department during the rebuilt process.

Woodford County Clerk

Sandra V. Jones

103 South Main Street, Suite 120
Versailles, KY 40383


Office: (859) 873-3421
Fax: 859-873-6985
Email: [email protected]


Monday-Thursday: 8:00-4:00
Friday: 8:00-5:30

Holiday Closures

Open records policy & request form

Skip to content